Y’all, this is one of my all-time favorite meal preps and it is SO easy! This week has been a low-carb week for me. So while I didn’t cut carbs from my diet completely, I just lowered my intake. I try to lower my carb intake throughout the week so I can splurge on the weekends with pasta, bread, and sweets. It’s all about balance, right?
Everyone’s body is different. For me, lowering my carb intake through the week and splurging on the weekend is a good balance. Let’s be real, I like to eat. I like to eat fried chicken, cake, ice cream, cookies…(the list goes on). So for me, it’s all about balance and maintaining.
This recipe is great for a low-carb meal. Low-carb is the key word here. The Italian sausage is high in fat. According to your diet and body, you may want to swap it out for shrimp. Low-carb, high-fat and moderate protein is the way to go if you’re looking to burn body fat. If you’re looking to lose weight, stick to the shrimp or chicken for this recipe.
- 1 pack of Hot Italian Sausage
- 1 onion
- 3 large carrots
- 2 zucchini
- 1 squash
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon of creole seasoning
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut sausage, onion, carrots, zucchini, and squash. Place the veggies and sausage evenly on the pan.
- Add olive oil and seasonings to the top. Toss the sausage and veggies to evenly season every piece.
- Bake for 15 minutes then remove. Toss and turn the veggies and sausage and return to the oven. Bake another 15 minutes.
- Remove and serve. You can serve this on top of brown long-grain rice if desired.
You can shop some of the key seasonings at http://www.amazon.com/shop/sara.j.baker!