I’m always searching for low-carb meals that aren’t the same old lean meat and greens. These skinny, stuffed peppers are one of my new favorites and I had to share it with y’all! They’re full of flavor and perfect for a low-carb diet!
- 5 bell peppers
- 1-1 1/2 pounds of ground turkey
- 1/2 an onion diced
- 3/4 cups of water
- 1 cup of shredded cheese
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 3 tsp of garlic powder
- 3 tsp of hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray your baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, brown turkey and onions until no longer pink. Drain the grease and return to skillet.
- Add taco seasoning, garlic powder, hot sauce, and water. Bring to a boil and then simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Cut off the tops of the bell peppers and hollow out, removing all seeds. I also trim the bottoms of the peppers to help them stand up better. If there are small holes in the bottom, that’s ok. It helps the grease drain out.
- Fill the peppers with the meat and top with cheese.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until peppers are tender. You can top the peppers with optional toppings such as salsa, sour cream, guacamole, chive, etc.
You can shop some of the key ingredients at https://www.amazon.com/shop/sara.j.baker!